Tuesday, June 26, 2012

6-26-2012

Well today was different!

I got to Mom's a little later than usual...it was after 8. She wasn't in the main room, and when I got to her room, she wasn't there either.  Her walker was there, but no Mom.

I went back out toward the main room and saw Jackie, one of the nurses.  'Have you seen my mom?'

"Oh my goodness Kim.  I was just trying to find the other nurse.  Your mother is too fast for us.  She's down in room 238."

Oh boy. :-)

I went down to 238 with Jackie, and there is Mom, sitting in someone else's living room with no pants on.  'Mom, what are you doing here?'


"I know I'm not supposed to be here.  I was trying to wash my clothes, and they were all filled up."

'OK, let's go back to your room.'  then Jackie said she was planning to go get her some clothes.

"Oh, my clothes are in there." Mom said.

Sure enough, her clothes were in the other woman's bedroom on the floor, and the other woman was in there trying to sleep.  We helped her get dressed and back to her room without making too big of a deal about it.

Aside from that, everything was ok.  She was glad that I was there so that I could hep her load the horses on the truck, because she couldn't do it herself.  She also told me my children had been wonderful and didn't give her any trouble at all today.

I really need to get my company's product built befoore I lose MY memory.  I feel so awful for her.  It must be terrifying to go in and out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment