Sunday, June 17, 2012

6-17-2012

Today's visit with Mom was noteworthy.  I stopped by very early, on my way to work.  Mom had just finished breakfast and ate well.  I told her I was on my way to work... and she said -


"Well you have to work hard when you're running a business."

I had told her about my business a few weeks ago and was surprised (pleasantly) that she remembered it.

Then only a sentence or two later she said... "I still haven't seen your father.  It's been 6 days.  He could be one of those accidently they keep talking about.  I have no idea where he is."  She was obviously grief-stricken for a minute - "If you see him, just tell him to come home."

I just looked at her and said 'Sure Mom.  Is everything else ok?'


"Oh yeah."


'Do you know what year it is?'

She thought for a minute "1960....something....I know I'm close."

It was strange that she could be so alert and so out of touch at the same time.   Otherwise, she looked healthy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment